M365 Changelog: (Updated) Multi-language Teams meeting invite control
MC296205 – Updated June 2, 2022: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Multi-language Teams meeting invite control enables administrators to configure the join information languages in meeting invitations. Controlled by a new policy parameter, this feature allows the administrator to set up to two languages to replace the user preferred language when creating new Teams meeting invitations across all email platforms.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 81521.
When this will happen:
- Standard rollout targeting mid-June and complete by end of June.
- GCC rollout targeting early July and complete by mid-July.
How this will affect your organization:
Administrators will soon be able to use the new -MeetingInviteLanguages parameter in CsTeamsMeetingPolicy to set the join information language used in the meeting invite. Administrators can choose to set this at the user or group level, or for the entire organization.
This parameter will allow administrators to set up to two languages to replace the user preferred language when creating a new Teams meeting invite across all platforms including Outlook desktop client, Outlook for the web, Outlook mobile app, and the Teams desktop/mobile apps.
Impact to users:
- If an administrator specifies a language override using the -MeetingInviteLanguages parameter, users will not have control over the language used for the join link in meeting invitations they create.
- Using the below multiple languages example, the screenshot above illustrates how the meeting invitation will look.
View image in new tab
Screenshot of a Teams meeting invitation in Outlook showing the join information displayed in English followed by the same information in FrenchWhat you need to do to prepare:To set one language
- In the above example, the administrator is setting the meeting invite language to English (en-US). If the meeting policy is updated with a single language and the same meeting policy is applied to all users in the organization, all users will create the meeting invite details in the specified single language – regardless of their preferred language.
- Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -MeetingInviteLanguages “en-US”
- In the above example, the administrator is setting the meeting invite language to English (en-US) and French (fr-FR).
- Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -MeetingInviteLanguages “en-US,fr-FR”
- The order of the languages displayed in the meeting invite follows the order of the languages specified in the PowerShell cmdlet.
- If -MeetingInviteLanguages was not set on the policy (default), there will be no impact to the user and the preferred user language will take effect.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Jun 21, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams device store in Teams admin center
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Pairing naming convention between Teams channels and corresponding SharePoint folders
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Chat density
Jun 7, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jun 3, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri