Open in Regedit in IE
One of the coolest tricks I saw lately came from one of my Students – Shay Levy (visit his blog at http://scriptolog.blogspot.com).
Many tips published on various websites, including articles found on the Petri.co.il site, heavily use registry modifications and additions. These articles and tips usually tell you that in order to perform this or that, you need to open Regedit.exe (the registry editing tool), navigate to this or that registry path, and create, delete or modify registry keys and values.
In order to make your life easier, Shay has created this cool Internet Explorer add-in, that allows you to easily open Regedit and point it to the exact registry path, without the need to manually open Regedit.exe and begin to look for the relevant entry.
Instead of performing these steps (this is just an example) –
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Download and install Open In Regedit-1.4.zip (290kb) Note: Tool has been modified due to some issues with the previous setup program that has caused Norton Anti-Virus to flag it as a Trojan. Version Update Note: Tool has been updated to version 1.4 that now fully supports Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
- Close and re-open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Highlight the same registry path found above, then right-click it and select Open in Regedit.
More in Windows Server
Microsoft to Fix Windows Bug Breaking Wi-Fi hotspots After Installing Latest Patch Tuesday Update
Jun 17, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Confirms Windows Server Backup Issues in This Month's Patch Tuesday Updates
Jun 16, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Acknowledges Office Zero-Day Flaw Affecting Windows Diagnostic Tool
May 31, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Releases Out-Of-Band Patches to Fix Windows AD Authentication Issues
May 20, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
CISA Warns Windows Admins Against Applying May Patch Tuesday Updates on Domain Controllers
May 17, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Confirms May 2022 Patch Tuesday Updates Cause AD Authentication Issues
May 12, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri