M365 Changelog: Reminder: Insights app in Microsoft Teams will be available starting February 2021
MC237630 – Updated February 17, 2021: We have updated the links in this post to ensure they are visible. Thank you for your patience.
The Insights app in Teams provides personalized insights to improve productivity and wellbeing and data-driven recommendations to help you build better work habits.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 68747
- Timeline: Available starting early February 2021 and completing rollout by end of April
- Requirement: Users with provisioned exchange mailbox can access features within Insights teams app.
- As shared on the previous post (MC230176), on February 04, 2021, Insights app with “Stay Connected” and “Protect Time” tab will be available as a Teams Personal app in the Teams app store but will not be directly installed for your users.
- Starting March 08, 2021, unless disabled by admin, Insights Teams app will be pre-installed for users and available directly in the Teams left navigation app bar under “…”(More apps)
- Admin Control: via the Teams admin center
How this affects your organization:
Once the Insights app is pre-installed, it will be available for users to discover the app directly from Teams left navigation app bar under the “…” (More apps), unless disabled by admins.
Users will be able to leverage:
- The “Stay Connected” tab which makes it seamless to pin an important collaborator to see communications from emails, chats and shared documents that might require follow up in one place, and schedule regular 1:1s to maintain strong relationships.
- The “Protect Time” tab which makes it seamless to schedule time in the week before it fills up with meetings for focused, uninterrupted work.
Note: The features in the “Stay Connected” and “Protect Time” page in the Insights app are completely personal and private; no administrator or manager can see another individual’s data. All data is stored inside the user’s mailbox and the app is subject to the same GDPR compliance terms as Office 365. Learn more about Insights app in Teams and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
What you need to do to prepare:
Review and assess the impact for your organization. If you wish to:
- Enable easier access to Insights for your users by pinning the app on the left navigation pane of Teams user interface for quicker discovery of Insights.
- Create a custom-app permission policy and assign it to select users and ensure the app is not blocked in Teams admin center.
- Disable the Insights app, for the whole organization or select users, you will be able to do so through Teams Admin center once the app is rolled out.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams device store in Teams admin center
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Pairing naming convention between Teams channels and corresponding SharePoint folders
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Chat density
Jun 7, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jun 3, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Multi-language Teams meeting invite control
Jun 2, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: Expanded reactions in Microsoft Teams
May 26, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri