M365 Changelog: Yammer embed widgets will be upgraded to the new Yammer
MC226053 – We’ve updated the message below with additional details for site owners.
The Yammer Embed feed, which is currently part of classic Yammer, is being upgraded to the new Yammer. Use an Embed to display a single My feed, Group feed, Topic feed, User feed, or Open Graph object feed on a web page.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 66150
- Timing: early December through late March
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: admin control
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization
After this rolls out to your tenant, these widgets will have the look, feel, and functionality of the new Yammer. The current Embed customizations (header, footer, theme, etc.) will continue to be supported.
These new feeds have more features and greater functionality. For example, pinned conversations will now show up in the embedded feeds. The Home Feed will use the new Discovery feed.
What you need to do to prepare
There is nothing you need to do to prepare for this change. We recommend you share out the coming change to site owners, see drafted communication below.
See Yammer Embed in the Yammer Developer Center for more information.
- This is not the ‘Yammer Highlights’ webpart on SharePoint Modern. We recommend you use Yammer Conversations if you’d like to upgrade that experience.
- Feeds attempting to load feeds from an external network and feeds being accessed from an IE11 browser will not be upgraded, they will see the same current experience.
Site owner communication:
Do you have Yammer embedded on your site? Exciting news – the Yammer Embeds, which are currently on classic Yammer, are getting upgraded to the new Yammer – with the same new amazing look, feel, and functionality!
- Which Yammer Embed feeds are included? Home, user, topic, community, and open graph feeds will be upgraded.
- Do I need to do anything? No, you do not need to make any changes at all. Users will simply see the new Yammer Embeds when they visit your site once we enable the new experience.
- Will anything about the feed change? The content of the user, topic, community, and open graph feeds will be exactly the same, they’ll just have more features and greater functionality (i.e. pinned conversations will now show up in the embedded feeds). The ‘Home Feed’ has now been upgraded to be using our wonderful new discovery feed, so the content there will be everything you used to see in the home/my feed (‘All Company’ + people/communities you’re following/in) + more Yammer recommended content!
- Are there any limitations? Yes, feeds attempting to load feeds from an external network and feeds being accessed from an IE11 browser will not be upgraded, they will see the same current experience.
More in Yammer
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Yammer Topics APIs changes with Viva Topics
Jun 7, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) New Yammer as only option for non-admin users
Jun 3, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Change Sender Name on Yammer Notifications
May 16, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Retirement of Yammer IP Range
Mar 24, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Dark mode in New Yammer
Mar 17, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Editing Attachments on Yammer Threads
Mar 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri